Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvbeja$2csfe$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: lithium explosion
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 23:56:47 +1000

On 12/04/2024 6:55 pm, Liz Tuddenham wrote:
> Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:
>
>> ... if
>> it had a safe place to dissipate the stored energy.
>
> What if it didn't?

Then it probably needs to include a louder hooter and brilliant flashing
lights to serve the same purpose, if more slowly than a purpose designed
dissipator.

>> ..was being looked
>> after by somebody who ignored the early warnings.
>
> That includes 99% of battery users who wouldn't know what to do it they
> noticed the warnings or wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

A voice message could be pretty explicit. All the message needs to say
is to move the battery outside to where it can't do much damage if it
bursts into flames. EV car batteries are big enough that that's quite a
way, but cars are designed to move appreciable distances.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney