Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvbht8$2dmiq$3@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Most Voters Think Fat, Druggie Trump Would Die Before End of
 Second Term, Absurdly Making Kamala Harris President
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:53:28 -0400

On 4/11/24 3:30 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:07:32 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Our system is pretty unique.  You can win more votes and still lose.
>> Show me another Democracy that does that.
>
> Canada for one - 2 of the last 3 elections have put a party in power
> without a plurality in the votes. (2019 and 2021)
>
> It's theoretically possible in ANY jurisdiction where you have local
> elections for seats and one party wins each district by a differing
> number of votes - for instance if one party wins by margins of 50000+
> votes in their districts and loses by margins of 1000 in other
> districts, if there are more districts they lose they win they can
> easily have more votes but less seats.
>
> This can even happen in countries with proportional representation
> systems when the seats are proportionally distributed by state. (Or in
> Germany where this happened by 'lander' which is effectively the same
> thing)
>
> The United States is by no means unique in this respect.

Plurality works here too.  That's how Clinton won.

But this isn't that.  This is the guy who gets LESS votes than his
opponent taking office.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0