Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvbtqp$2g8sm$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:16:57 -0700

On 4/12/24 10:12 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> I watched:
>

> Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
> Garland.  The movie is set in the near future where the United States is
> at the end of a brutal civil war.  The plot follows 4 journalist as the
> make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
> interview with the President.  I went in not knowing what to expect
> other than it was getting great reviews.  I was taken aback by just how
> intense this movie is.  It's like the opening of Saving Private Ryan
> mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or pretty
> much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat waiting
> to see who will die.  This is almost non stop action and when the action
> does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller.  I think this
> movie probably gave me PTSD!  I also noticed, and I almost never notice
> this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of the best I've ever heard
> in a theater.  This movie is definitely one for the theater, in the
> biggest screen with the best sound possible.

Not true!! All the home theater nerds will tell you that if you have a
good enough TV and sound system (IOW, top-of-the-line stuff), it will be
better than any theater experience, save for IMAX.

I believe they are now correct on this point (especially with
top-of-the-line OLED TV, and a Dolby 5-7+-whatever speaker sound system).