Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvcf8r$2juot$2@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: [OT Eurovision 2024 (Was Re: Doctor Who: The Return of the
 Master?)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 00:14:34 +0100

On 12/04/2024 20:46, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:
>
>> On 12/04/2024 15:59, Blueshirt wrote:
>>>
>>> You should find Saturday May 11th interesting so... two
>>> episodes of Doctor Who followed by the Eurovision Song
>>> Contest. You're going to have a fun evening watching BBC1.
>>> It's surely worth the increase in the TV licence fee for all
>>> that great family entertainment in the one place though?
>>>
>>> Oh, and make sure you cheer on our Irish entry 'Bambie
>>> Thug'...  with a song called "Doomsday Blue".
>>
>> Ireland have little chance of qualifying after they sent
>> that turkey to represent them about a decade or two ago.
>
> Dustin! His name was Dustin... as in, Dustin the Turkey.
>
> Personally I thought sending Jedward a few years later was the
> bigger crime.
>
>> The transvestite they're sending this year isn't going to
>> change this by much.
>
> I thought the Eurovision liked that sort of thing?

The stupid turkey was intended as a deliberate insult to Eurovision and
the Eurovision has still not forgiven Ireland for that.

>> The favourite from Switzerland is a man that thinks
>> he's a quantum computer so that he can break some code
>> or other which is about all that quantum computers are good
>> for.
>
> That's why I call it the Euroweirdo song contest.
>
> It'll be interesting to see how many votes Israel gets in the
> current political climate...

Probably more than the UK will get as usual.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner