Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvcrqr$2pn09$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 19:48:59 -0700

On 4/12/24 6:03 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> On 4/12/2024 9:59 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> NEXT EXIT (2022)
>>
>> Suggested by obvious. I gave it a shot because it has Karen Gillan in it.
>>
>> WARNING for Amy pond fans.
>>
>> She literally phones in her part which was filmed separately and
>> appears on
>> TV screens.
>>
>> A boring and wretchedly terrible movie. Amy Pond finds proof of the
>> afterlife. Really stupid proof. A little kid says his father‘s ghost
>> Plays
>> a card game with him and no one but the dead father knew how to play this
>> card game.  Um,, I’m thinking the kid must’ve known how. And if nobody
>> alive knew the rules how did they even know the ghost is doing it right?
>>
>> So Amy Pond and San Francisco in a fancy building we’ve seen in Canadian
>> sci-fi before is asking for volunteers to commit suicide. Two people are
>> coming from New York and so they buddy up and it becomes a road trip
>> movie.
>> With four days left across the country the pond institute Rents these
>> people a car to drive. That’s absolutely ridiculous. And the route they
>> take from New York to San Francisco. It just happens to go through where
>> both there estranged parents live one of which is in Arizona!
>>
>> Stupid stupid stupid
>>
>> Just avoid it
>
> You've seen, and reviewed, this before.  I remember the "She literally
> phones in her part" bit.

He has use the term before, yes, but not for an Amy Pond flick, AFAICR...

I myself have been tempted to use the term myself, in those Lifetime
pics from Hybrid where Eric Roberts, Jackee or Vivica are pretty much
"phoning in" their lines, which are then spliced together into scenes
with the actors in those films who actually show up on set! later in
editing.