Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uveo3s$35vmr$1@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: The Return of the Master? [Rumour]
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 20:57:48 +0100

On 13/04/2024 18:52, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:

>>> "about a decade or two ago"??
>>>
>>> 'about a decade ago' ... sure
>>> 'about two decades ago' ... sure
>>>
>>> But "about a decade or two ago" .... NOPE!! Not gunna accept
>>> that!
>>>
>>> Does that mean "somewhere between eight and twenty-three
>>> years ago"??
>>
>> It means less than about 30 years and more than about 8.
>> Ireland have failed to qualify for the finals more than about
>> 1 or 2 occasions since then. If you want the exact number look
>> it up on Wikipedia.
>
> Ireland have won the Eurovision more times than any other nation
> though... so maybe the cost of holding it is just too much for
> RTE so they deliberately 'sabotage' our entrants so they don't
> win?!

That's why they sent the turkey to represent them.

> It would explain a lot!!!

So would the fact that none of the English speaking countries vote for
each other. The UK never gets any votes from Ireland and Australia while
all the Scandinavian countries vote for each other, all the Slavic
countries vote for each other, and all of former Yugoslavia votes for
itself, then they complain about Greece and Cyprus always giving each
other 12 points.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner