Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvfqmk$3g0g2$2@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-12 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 22:48:04 -0700

On 4/13/2024 8:04 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Which one do you have left to go?
>>>
>>> Perhaps more importantly, which do you intend to skip?
>>>

>> I have a Hitchcock blu-ray box set.  A while back I watched: Rope, Rear
>> Window, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Vertigo, and Dial M For Murder (off
>> of TCM).  Time really flies!  I could have sworn I watched these a year
>> or less ago, but it was actually 2 years ago.  Yesterday I watched The
>> Birds and today I'm watching my Psycho 4K box set.
>>
>> In the Hitchcock blu-ray box set that I didn't watch: Marnie, Saboteur,
>> Shadow of a Doubt, The Trouble with Harry, Torn Curtain, Topaz, Frenzy,
>> and Family Plot.  I'm not sure if I've seen any of these before.  I'm
>> vaguely aware of the plot of The Trouble with Harry, but that doesn't
>> mean I seen it before.  Same goes for "Frenzy."  Although if they did a
>> remake, *maybe* I saw the remake.  I really don't know for sure.  The
>> set also includes 7 episodes of Hitchcock Presents and 3 episodes of The
>> Hitchcock Hour.  I don't know which episodes are included.
>>

> Please tell me you’re going to watch NORTH BY NORTHWEST. It’s my very
> favorite Hitchcock! And it’s the source of in jokes in lots of other movies
> and TV shows that you’ll finally get :-)

I had to double check.  I do have that one in the box set.  I'm not sure
how I missed listing it.  I'm not familiar enough with Hitchcock to know
which ones to watch or not watch, other than the ones I've already seen
before and know I like.  I think I *might* have watched it before.  But
I don't remember it.  I know the crop duster scene is iconic which makes
it really hard to know if it's a memory from watching the movie or the
umpteen parodies and clips I've watched over the years.

The set isn't going anywhere.  I may get around to watching it.  What
does it pair with?  How about "His Girl Friday?"