Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvh98f$3pkiv$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android
 when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 12:02:37 -0700
 <uuks3l$7ss7$1@dont-email.me> <uuktv2$88f6$1@dont-email.me>
 <uul0n2$ciq7$1@dont-email.me> <uulbg4$22k53$1@news.mixmin.net>
 <uuttdi$2o2ua$1@dont-email.me> <uv500e$3d51p$2@news.mixmin.net>
 <uv5j4u$rkil$1@dont-email.me> <uv7ldo$3kigb$5@news.mixmin.net>
 <uv95uq$1q4ch$1@dont-email.me> <uva7qt$3r9oj$3@news.mixmin.net>
 <uvb8t1$2bs3g$1@dont-email.me> <uvfp97$9dr7$5@news.mixmin.net>
 <uvg7vq$3imu5$1@dont-email.me> <uvh49t$3oh3o$1@dont-email.me>
 <uvh4ji$3ogbj$1@dont-email.me> <uvh604$3osnd$1@dont-email.me>
 <uvh6cp$3osal$2@dont-email.me>

On 4/14/24 11:13 AM, Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-14 11:07, The Real Bev wrote:

>>> You know, Canada is pretty much identical to the US from a
>>> cultural/socio-economic standpoint and yet there is this one weird th=
ing:

>>> We have far FAR fewer people getting killed by firearms; more then 5
>>> times fewer.
>>=20
>> Canadians are just nicer than USians.=C2=A0 OTOH, "they're not even a =
real=20
>> country anyway!"
>=20
> That's your best is it?

Not worth the full effort.

We have lots of guns and lots of criminals.  More than we have cops.=20
Aside from wishing, and in the full knowledge that this situation will=20
continue for the indefinite future, what do you think the average=20
law-abiding citizen should do in case of attack by a criminal?

Yeah, most people don't carry.  Would there be more or less crime if=20
armed criminals KNEW that their intended victims were NOT carrying?

That's all the effort I'm going to put into an argument that's gone on=20
for decades.

> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_dea=
th_rate#/media/File:2019_Gun_ownership_rates_and_gun_homicide_rates_-_dev=
eloped_world_-_scatter_plot.svg>
>=20
> Do you notice anything about that chart?

So what?

--=20
Cheers, Bev
    "If you watch TV news, you know less about the world than
     if you just drank gin straight from the bottle."
                                        - Garrison Keillor