Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvipbo$6e9c$5@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Censorship of books in libraries
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 04:43:36 -0400
 <20240409165532.00005caa@example.com> <uv8sua$1o05o$2@dont-email.me>
 <pddg1jplu1h6adta0btur2sg3leatg6d8t@4ax.com>
 <atropos-402BEE.12393211042024@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>
 <uvbhk8$2dmiq$1@dont-email.me>
 <atropos-AF2BCA.15113212042024@news.giganews.com>
 <d44k1jlkvj10d8i7ulqjmqcgej0lr5i8fv@4ax.com> <uvgj0h$3kt9v$1@dont-email.me>
 <eeso1jhtqvv6s589jod9tfkbo9e8elq030@4ax.com>

On 4/14/24 8:20 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 08:42:55 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> More to the point, it's restricted to 'primary age' kids which around
>>> here means grades 1-3. Which in my opinion is totally reasonable. If
>>> it were grades 9-12 I likely would feel differently.
>>>

>> Sure.  Until it isn't.  You start there and they quickly worked their
>> way up.
>>
>> That's how it's done.  Once you see the nose of a camel in the tent,
>> it's quickly followed by the rest of the camel.
>
> You seriously believe 5 and 6 year olds should be exposed to the same
> materials as 16 and 17 year olds? That's the clear implication of what
> you said.
>
> I remember in jr high we had our sex ed class where having seen "Boy
> to Man" in grades 7 and 8, in grade 9 the teacher asked us if we'd
> like to see "Girl to Woman" (which is what the girls' portion of the
> class had been viewing). It was mostly ho-hum and I learned little.
>
> (While I didn't have an older sister I had found my Mom's pads and so
> forth and had been curious enough to check out at the library
> precisely what they had been used for - and learned what it meant when
> they weren't needed - e.g. either pregnancy or menopause - I didn't
> yet know menstruation could be altered by the pill)

I believe that when you start with good intentions, and end up with
authoritarian rule, it wasn't about the good intentions in the first place.

You get that the initial aims were good, but quickly devolved into their
real intentions.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0