Article <uvn3qa$172gc$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvn3qa$172gc$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: Emily VanCamp To Lead Canadian TV Drama About Former Sex
 Worker Turned Litigator
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 17:06:33 -0700

On 4/16/24 4:47 PM, Rhino wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:53:24 -0700
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per Deadline:
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/emily-vancamp-prejudice-celeste-parr-1235885913/
>>

>> I really like VanCamp, and wish she'd do something else I'd want to
>> watch, but neither "The Resident" nor this fits the bill.  :|
>
> Speaking of The Resident, did you ever hear why she left that? She was
> the female lead but apparently just decided not to come back one summer
> when the show was still going reasonably strong. I never heard one word
> on why she left. I thought perhaps she'd decided to get out of the
> business and raise a family or something like that....

My understanding is that she got pregnant and had a kid IRL, and wanted
to stay home and do that for a while.

I think that was about 3 years ago, so it fits the timeline.

> I'm a little surprised to find her doing a Canadian series. Once a
> Canadian actor/actress makes it big in the US, they don't often come
> back to Canada. There are some exceptions, of course, but not that
> many. (For example, Jason Priestley doing Private Eyes after 90210.)

Quite a few do, though. Look at Jason Priestley - it seems like he's
been doing Canadian TV shows for a while now.

Similar thing with Aussie actors lately - for example, both Phoebe
Tonkin and Maia Mitchell went back. Claire Holt may have as well (I'm
not sure).