Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvno1h$1efe9$1@dont-email.me>

From: Don Y <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Predictive failures
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:51:37 -0700

On 4/16/2024 10:12 PM, Jasen Betts wrote:
>> There is no need for a manufacturer to interpose themselves in such
>> "remote access".  Having the device register with a DDNS service
>> cuts out the need for the manufacturer to essentially provide THAT
>> service.
>
> Someone still needs to provide DDNS.

Yes, but ALL they are providing is name resolution.  They aren't
processing your data stream or "adding any value", there.
So, point your DNS at an IP that maps to the DDNS service
of your choice when the device "registers" with it!

Manufacturer can abandon a product line and your hardware STILL WORKS!