Article <uvnurd$1frjg$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvnurd$1frjg$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: BunsenLabs Linux
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 07:47:57 -0000 (UTC)

I've got a Wyse 5070 thin client coming, that (when I get it) will only have
16 GBs of storage. (It does take an M.2. 2280 SSD, so it won't stay that way
for long, but I was curious what distribution I could install on the 16 GB
limit and still have some room to do things.)

Ran into BunsenLabs Linux. Very small, based on Debian 12, and a nice,
clean, well configured OpenBox desktop. So I tried it (there is a live
trial) and liked it — then decided to replace my Ubuntu server SSD, formerly
a Windows 10 SSD (since BunsenLabs Linux gives you the option to install the
LAMP stack as part of the installation process). A light desktop and Debian
server together, pretty nice.

One thing that I did run into (for the first time) was screen tearing. Now I
know what they're talking about. I guess it is a common issue in OpenBox,
but there was a fix — I ran its compositor (Picom) with the option
"--experimental backend" and that fixed it.

https://www.bunsenlabs.org/

This was originally based on CrunchBang Linux, but CrunchBang was never this
slick.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."