Article <uvpql6$1doq3$3@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvpql6$1doq3$3@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory
Subject: Re: Undecidability based on epistemological antinomies
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:48:38 -0400

On 4/17/24 8:24 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 5:48 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> I am interested in foundations of logic only so that that I can derive
>>> the generic notion of correct reasoning for the purpose of practical
>>> application in daily life.
>>>
>>> For example the claim that election fraud changed the outcome of the
>>> 2020 presidential election could be understood as untrue as if it was
>>> an error in arithmetic.
>>
>> No, the Truth or Falsehood of that statement would be based on looking
>> at the ACTUAL OBSERVATION of how much "fraud" could be shown to exist,
>> that isn't something determined by "analytical logic" but by forensic
>> investigation, by OBSERVATION. (just the opposite of what you try to
>> claim).
>>

> Although that is correct the problem is that 45% of the electorate
> do not understand that is correct.

And thus, your arguement does nothing to fix the actual problem.

> When we have a formal system that can explain how and why that is
> correct in a quadrillion different ways at every language and
> education level, responding to every social media post in real time
> relentlessly then we will have the resources required.

Except that the key isn't what a formal system can show, as the key is
the basic evidence, that would need to be the axioms of the formal system.

> Currently most of the experts seems to agree that True(L, x)
> cannot possibly be consistently and coherently defined thus
> there is no objectively discernible difference between verified
> facts and dangerous lies.

Nope. That is just a stupid lie.

True(L, x) as a predicate of logic can not be defined.

That does NOT say we can not objectived define what is true and what is
false, it says that there exist a few (and generally unusual) statements
that we csn not determine if they meet the definition of True or False.

The PROPERTY of Truth has a firm definition, what can't be defined is
the PREDICATE.

Your stupidity that can't understand the difference just illustrates the
problem.

You yourelf beleive your own lies and refuse to look at the actual
truth, just like the people you complain about.

YOU prove the difficulty of the problem, by being the poster child of it.