Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvrs7u$2e0tc$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android
 when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:27:56 -0700
 <uuktv2$88f6$1@dont-email.me> <uul0n2$ciq7$1@dont-email.me>
 <uulbg4$22k53$1@news.mixmin.net> <uuttdi$2o2ua$1@dont-email.me>
 <uv500e$3d51p$2@news.mixmin.net> <uv5j4u$rkil$1@dont-email.me>
 <uv7ldo$3kigb$5@news.mixmin.net> <uv95uq$1q4ch$1@dont-email.me>
 <uva7qt$3r9oj$3@news.mixmin.net> <uvb8t1$2bs3g$1@dont-email.me>
 <uvfp97$9dr7$5@news.mixmin.net> <uvg7vq$3imu5$1@dont-email.me>
 <uvi5j8$f8km$5@news.mixmin.net> <uvjt1m$eih9$1@dont-email.me>
 <uvl18e$mdmk$3@news.mixmin.net> <uvl6vg$qd7i$1@dont-email.me>
 <uvovgj$1n9rl$1@dont-email.me> <uvp09c$1n8ld$2@dont-email.me>
 <uvqe3n$247bn$1@dont-email.me>
 <uvr6t8$2lum$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

On 4/18/24 6:23 AM, Andrew wrote:
> The Real Bev wrote on Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:20:37 -0700 :
>
>>> You still haven't explained why the US has so many more deaths than
>>> other countries similar to it.
>>
>> I have no idea why.  Do you?  Perhaps we are just violent people.

Or self-sufficient.  Trust in government is not in our nature.

> Whoever said that the US is "more violent" is an idiot as many countries
> have far more violence but even so, the purpose of guns being in the
> constitution is a fundamental right based on keeping the government honest.
>
>> Given that this is true, how do we best protect ourselves when law
>> enforcement is too far away to be protective?
>
> Very few countries, and perhaps almost none to none, have the demographic
> mix of peoples and cultures that the USA has. Even fewer have the size.

The us-vs-them thing is universal.  The USA has a lot more and different
uses and thems than most (perhaps all other) countries.  I really envy
the Japanese thing about sending toddlers on errands alone -- a
consequence of nearly everybody being an us.

> Comparing straight numbers to those of puny places like New Zealand,
> Australia, Canada or England, for example, to the USA is ridiculous, where
> the sizes and demographics are completely different (unless normalized).
>
>> A few nights ago a guy pulled a knife on a woman, forced her to drive to
>> a different location and raped her.  This happened a few blocks away.
>> What should she have done?
>
> The fundamental right of a gun in the USA is not related to protection from
> individuals, but to the fundamental nature of a government of the people.

Yes.  Certainly good enough, even though we might actually need tanks
and nukes to once again even the balance.  Still practical for use
against individuals, though.

--
Cheers, Bev
    "People are too stupid to realize they are."