Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvsp0i$2niub$1@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Cycling editorial
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:38:56 -0400

On 4/18/2024 1:00 PM, Roger Merriman wrote:

> I favour technical t shirts ie are less figure hugging but have a cyclist
> cut, ie longer back and aren’t made of cotton and so will dry etc.

I do have one jersey designed for cycling, but that looks like a
conventional casual polo shirt. It's not my favorite, for two reasons.
One is that it has a rear pocket, but with a horizontal zipper. It's
very difficult to operate that zipper. And the cut of the shirt and/or
the lack of stretch in the fabric make it oddly difficult to put on or
take off. So I think the shirt is a good concept with bad execution.

I agree about avoiding cotton. Well, except seersucker. For casual
riding in summer, that wrinkly cotton fabric seems to work pretty well,
probably because the texture keeps much of the fabric out of contact
with one's skin.

Unfortunately, most of the "technical fabric" jerseys I own tend to get
stinky fairly quickly.

About that: One of my kids plus another extended family member worked at
Nike Headquarters for quite a while. Back then, Nike came out with a
fabric they called "Dri-fit." Internally, many employees nicknamed it
"Stink-fit."

--
- Frank Krygowski