Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvtf6r$2u771$2@dont-email.me>

From: Luigi Fortunati <fortunati.luigi@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.research
Subject: Re: Gravitational mass and inertial mass
Date: 19 Apr 2024 10:52:59 GMT

Il 03/04/2024 08:58, Luigi Fortunati ha scritto:
> Luigi Fortunati il 22/02/2024 02:49:45 ha scritto:
>> In my animation https://www.geogebra.org/m/kqjzk5gt there are the two bodies A and B (of equal mass m) connected via an inextensible wire, ideally massless.
>> [[Mod. note -- This system is known as "Atwood's machine"; see
>>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atwood_machine
>> for more information.
>> -- jt]]
>
> My animation is not Atwood_machine because only body A moves vertically, while body B slides horizontally on a frictionless plane.
>
>> And what is the ratio between the blue force FA=mg (gravitational + inertial) and the red force FB (inertial only)?
>
> It turns out to me that FB=FA(mB/(mA+mB))
>
> In our case where mA=mB=m, the force FB is FB=1/2 of FA.

In my animation, the string AB receives the blue force FA=mg from body A
and transmits it to point B of body B.

However, the black force -FB that the string transmits to body B is only
half the force it received at point A.

What happened to the force that was lost? Where is the error in the
animation or in the reasoning I did?

Luigi Fortunati