Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvtrr4$30via$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Apple loses top phonemaker spot to Samsung
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:33:24 +0100

On 16/04/2024 03:26, Android Owner wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 00:45:34 +0000, Tyrone wrote:
>
>> Apple and Samsung routinely trade 1st and 2nd place, and have for a long time.
>
> It's unusual to find someone on an Apple newsgroup, which Tyrone is (I
> looked at his posts) who says anything deep about any marketing dynamic (as
> Apple owners are generally only influenced by slick advertisements) so I
> give a tiny bit of credit to this "Tyrone" fellow for understanding more
> than the average iPhone poster does about Apple's sales figures.
>
> While this "Tyrone" is wrong, as he's unaware that Samsung alone has been
> the top seller for 12 years, he is probably alluding to the recent anomaly
> where Apple had momentarily (only once!) overtaken Samsung as the world's
> number one phone maker with strong sales in the December 2023 quarterly
> reports, but it turned out to likely be nothing more than a dying gasp.

2nd largest company in the world is "dying". lol

> Apple lost 10% of its sales in just the last quarter alone, where if Apple
> can only have 9 more of similarly astonishing losing quarters,

Oh dear. Maths isn't your strong point, is it? Better go back to school.

Hint: Let's say Apple 100bn in sales and loses 10% in the last quarter
it's down to 90bn. If sales are down by 10% again in the next quarter,
what are the sales figures?

> we could
> maybe finally be rid of the one smartphone company in the world that has
> never had any intention to interoperate with 85% of the phones in this
> world (yes, messaging app - I'm speaking to you).

"You're holding it wrong" - you can message womever you want with an iphone.