Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvufln$35i2r$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android
 when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:11:49 -0700

Much snipped...

On 4/18/24 11:38 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2024-04-19 04:11:19 +0000, The Real Bev said:
>>
>> Mainly, I think our elected officials are too stupid or venal to be
>> allowed to even think about changing the Constitution.

Actually, this is the main thing.

I stand corrected about the gun-owning requirement.  Perhaps there was
an earlier Swiss law or perhaps I waa ill-informed.

> As for "We should all be allowed to protect our own lives" ... even if
> you actually shot someone when "protecting" yourself, you'll still find
> yourself in a court room having to prove that it was the only option,
> and most likely come out with some form of criminal record.

I think that would depend on what a "reasonable person" would deem a
threat.  A guy with a knife who outweighed me by 100 pounds would
probably be considered a threat and I wouldn't be hauled into court.  A
skinny teen with a knife and I'd probably still be OK.  I'm amazed at
how much stronger a man is than a same-size woman.

--
Cheers, Bev
     "...so she told me it was either her or the ham radio, over."