Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvufvo$35gfn$1@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: From the Archives .....
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:17:12 +0100

On 19/04/2024 14:23, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:
>
>> On 19/04/2024 13:13, Daniel70 wrote:
>>>
>>> So it would seem that Chris Chibnall was not the first to
>>> suggest that  there had been many re-generations PRIOR to
>>> Hartnell (over and above the  "The Brain of Morbius"
>>
>> The Deadly Assassin which was 3 series earlier firmly
>> establishes a limit of 12 regenerations and that is repeated
>> by both the Doctor and the Master in The Keeper of Traken, the
>> 4th Doctor's penultimate story.
>
> Which would be fine and dandy as Doctor Who gospel if we wasn't
> on the 15th Doctor... so where is that "limit" again?

Gatwa isn't the real Doctor. Doctor Who ended in 2017 after the Doctor
was given a new cycle of regeneration by the Time Lords in The Time of
the Doctor following the pleas of Clara. The monstrosity of the Timeless
Child created by Chibnall after Doctor Who ended isn't canon.

> Which just proves that Doctor Who is not consistent with
> itself... and it's whatever the Executive Producer of the day
> wants that counts!

No it doesn't. Staying true to the original character and rationale is
what counts. The Doctor died in The Fall of the Doctor and that's it. I
have written a fan fic in which he is saved but it's fan fic just like
everything written by Moffat, Chibnall and Davies after the The Fall of
the Doctor too.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner