Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvugg0$35gfn$2@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: From the Archives .....
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:25:51 +0100

On 19/04/2024 19:53, Blueshirt wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <uvtoin$30ajm$1@dont-email.me>,
>> The True Doctor  <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:

>>> The Deadly Assassin which was 3 series earlier firmly
>>> establishes a limit of 12 regenerations and that is repeated
>>> by both the Doctor and the Master in The Keeper of Traken,
>>> the 4th Doctor's penultimate story.
>>
>> Good facts AGA!
>
> Neither of you can handle the fact that Doctor Who has evolved
> over the years and things change. Doctor Who will never be the
> TV show it was in 1976 regardless of how much spitting of
> dummies out of the pram happens. Life changes, people change,
> the Doctor changes... that is the real fact here.

Doctor Who ended in 2017. Up to 2017 the Doctor was the same character
he was in 1963.

In literature following the principles of good writing character's
origin stories do not change and must never change. Superman was born on
Krypton to Dur-El and sent to Earth in order to save his life when the
planet exploded. He was then found and adopted by Jonathan and Martha
Kent and because of how they brought him up used his powers to help
others. He was not created to be a monster by being experimented on,
tortured, and murdered as a child in order to bring about the end of
civilisation. That character is Doomsday not Superman. The Doctor is the
Doctor not the Timeless Child.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner