Article <uvuruv$1kece$1@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvuruv$1kece$1@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Undecidability based on epistemological antinomies V2
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:41:35 -0400

On 4/19/24 10:18 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/19/2024 6:09 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> *In other words you are totally retracting the line that I replied to*
>>>  >>> Godel's proof you are quoting from had NOTHING to do with
>>>  >>> undecidability,
>>>
>>> That is good because I totally agree with the preceding line that you
>>> said.
>>
>> No, because Godel was NOT talking about "undecidability" but
>> "Incompleteness".
>>
>> Even though there is a tie between the two topics, they are separate
>> topics.
>>

> Not according to this source
>
> Undecidability
> The non-existence of an algorithm or the impossibility of proving or
> disproving a statement within a formal system.
>
> https://encyclopediaofmath.org/wiki/Undecidability#:~:text=The%20non%2Dexistence%20of%20an,statement%20within%20a%20formal%20system.

And that talks about "undecidability" being an attribute of a SPECIFIC
statement, while incompleteness is an attribute of the WHOLE SYSTEM.

The use of "Decidability" as to the provablility of the statement is, as
I remember, a more recent usage, since the theory relating provability
and programs has been shown (and the walls between varios fields has
crumbled).

We still go back to your LIE that Godel is claiming that F is Incomplete
because of his showing a statement that MUST be True, and also
Unprovable is actually a statement that just isn't a truth bearer.

THAT is a LIE, because his statement, IS a statement that MUST be a
Truth Bearer (or Mathematics is fundamentally broken) as it relates to
the existance or non-existance of a Number that matches a specific
criteria, which must either exist or not.