Article <v00c64$3lbdp$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v00c64$3lbdp$2@dont-email.me>

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: I never thought of this scenario
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 13:24:36 +0100
 <uuvblp$32mbm$1@dont-email.me> <uv06o4$3c5fm$2@dont-email.me>
 <uv09ad$3cnth$1@dont-email.me> <uv2e60$jin$1@dont-email.me>
 <uv3e7p$7nqq$3@dont-email.me> <uvcu20$2qdb0$3@dont-email.me>
 <uvd5rs$n3n$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>
 <uvht5g$3th0n$3@dont-email.me>
 <uvhv3k$kq3$2@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>
 <uvs640$2g9b9$6@dont-email.me> <uvsv9e$3de5$1@news1.tnib.de>
 <uvv1sr$392q8$3@dont-email.me> <uvvevp$3f9tk$1@dont-email.me>
 <752c9924-9b76-73ce-a037-51cb30846239@example.net>

On 20/04/2024 11:37, D wrote:

> I'm no DHCP ninja, so please forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't it be
> possible to just setup a test to prove who the winner is? Or is it the
> case that different DHCP server/client software is implemented
> differently so it might work with some and not others, and that that is
> the heart of the conflict?

Honestly, who cares?
DHCP is used in big corporate setups across many subdomains. The
subdomains are connected by routers. The routers pass DHCP across. The
fact that someone calls that a 'relay agent' is as weird as saying a
router is an IP 'relay agent'.

I am not really interested in a willy waving competiton with someone who
knows the world always conforms to their conception of it, never the
other way round.

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan