Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v01kf8$3u3jd$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for April 13-20, 2024
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:52:08 -0700

On 4/20/24 3:35 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>      ABC news
>

> Phillipa Soo Joins Joshua Jackson & Don Johnson In Ryan Murphy Drama
> Series ‘Dr. Odyssey’ For ABC  (April 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/phillipa-soo-cast-ryan-murphy-abc-1235886285/

Ryan Murphy? - HARD PASS!!

> ‘The Rookie’ Renewed For Season 7 By ABC  (April 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-rookie-renewed-season-7-abc-nathan-fillion-1235886091/

I'm sayin' I beat Robin!!  ;p

>      CBS news
>

> ‘So Help Me Todd’ Creator Reacts To Series Cancellation: “Best
> Professional Experience Of My Life”  (April 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/so-help-me-todd-creator-reacts-cbs-cancellation-skylar-astin-1235890675/
>

> ‘CSI: Vegas’ & ‘So Help Me Todd’ Canceled By CBS  (April 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/csi-vegas-so-help-me-todd-canceled-cbs-1235890517/

I might have beaten Robin here too!  :)

> CBS Renews ‘Elsbeth’ For Season 2  (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/cbs-renews-elsbeth-season-2-1235889263/

OTOH, you got me on this one! - I didn't care enough to let Adam know
that his favorite new show would be back...

> CBS Orders ‘The Gates’ To Series; Daytime Sudser That Centers On A Black
> Family To Debut In January  (April 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/cbs-orders-the-gates-to-series-daytime-soap-premiering-january-2025-1235886082/

Called it!

> CBS To Rebroadcast Billy Joel Concert After ‘Piano Man’ Debacle  (April 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/billy-joel-cbs-piano-man-1235886032/

Bwa ha ha ha ha!!

>      CW news
>

> The CW Opts Not To Renew Affiliation Deals With Scripps-Owned Stations
> In Seven Markets  (April 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-cw-affiliation-deals-scripps-stations-broadcast-tv-network-1235890547/

Yeah, gotta love how The CW is spinning this that "they dropped
Scripps!1!" when it is almost certainly the other way around!!

>      Fox news
>

> Seth MacFarlane On Ending ‘Family Guy’: “I Don’t See A Good Reason To
> Stop, People Still Love It”  (April 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/seth-macfarlane-ending-family-guy-1235887729/

How about 'cos you've lost the thread?!...

>      NBC news
>

> NBCUniversal Launches Personalized NextGen TV Broadcasts On Four NBC And
> Telemundo Stations  (April 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/nbcuniversal-personalized-broadcasts-nbc-telemundo-stations-nab-1235886069/

Yeah, I read this - sounds like much ado about nothing.

>      Cable channel news
>

> Sterlin Harjo’s FX Pilot ‘The Sensitive Kind’ Adds Five To Cast  (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-sensitive-kind-pilot-adds-killer-mike-four-others-1235889300/
>
> ["'The Sensitive Kind' is described as a Tulsa noir about a guy (Ethan
> Hawke) who knows too much. As previously announced, Keith David, Siena
> East, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Tim Blake Nelson, Scott Shepherd, Tracy Letts,
> Kyle Maclachlan and Macon Blair will also star."]

Good cast. But probably not enough to get me to watch...

> FX Assembles Cast For ‘Snowflakes’ Comedy Pilot  (April 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/snowflakes-cast-fx-comedy-pilot-1235887243/
>
> ["Snowflakes is a twenty-something ensemble comedy following a group of
> codependent housemates — Billie (Freyer), Samir (Elassal), Anton
> (Thiele), Issa (Rao) and Paul Baker (Innanen) — trying to be good
> people, despite being neither 'good' nor 'people' yet."]

This sounds like something I'd hate!!

> Tyler Perry Re-Ups Deal With BET Media, Gets New Seasons For 9 Series,
> Including ‘Sistas’ & ‘The Oval’  (April 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/tyler-perry-deal-bet-sistas-the-oval-renewed-house-of-payne-assisted-living-1235886435/

[sigh...]

Wake me up when he finally does an "Alex Cross" followup!

>      Streaming service news--Apple TV+
>

> ‘For All Mankind’ Renewed For Season 5; Apple Expands Universe With
> Spinoff Series ‘Star City’  (April 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/for-all-mankind-renewed-season-5-apple-tv-spinoff-series-star-city-1235887717/

Still haven't gotten to this, and I have no idea when I will.... [shrug]

> Emma Thompson & Ruth Wilson To Star In Apple TV+ Series ‘Down Cemetery
> Road’ Based On Book From ‘Slow Horses’ Scribe Mick Herron  (April 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/down-cemetery-road-emma-thompson-ruth-wilson-to-star-apple-series-1235886108/
>
> ["The show centers on Sarah Tucker (Wilson), who becomes obsessed with
> finding a neighbor girl who disappeared in the aftermath of a house
> explosion in a quiet Oxford suburb. After enlisting the help of private
> investigator Zoë Boehm (Thompson) in her quest, the pair find themselves
> in a complex conspiracy that reveals that people long believed dead are
> still among the living, while the living are fast joining the dead."]

Sounds more like something for PBS...

>      Streaming service news--Disney+
>

> Beatles’ 1970 ‘Let It Be’ Doc Will Stream On Disney+ After Decades In
> Hiding  (April 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/beatles-let-it-be-disney-plus-1235886870/

OK?...

>      Streaming service news--Hulu
>

> Margaret Qualley Exits Hulu’s Amanda Knox Limited Series  (April 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/margaret-qualley-exits-amanda-knox-limited-series-hulu-1235887303/

Smart move on Qualley's part. My guess is that this project is going
nowhere fast now...