Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v01ktg$3u3jd$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:59:44 -0700

On 4/20/24 4:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 4/20/24 3:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>> RM: The programming list for Monday through Friday will be posted
>>> later tonight.
>>>

>>>          Saturday, April 20
>>>

>>> My Child Has My Doctor's Face     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> Young Henry is the light of Jessica and Dylan’s life, but when
>>> Jessica discovers that his biological father is actually their
>>> fertility doctor, Dr. Bellamy, she teams up with another one of the
>>> doctor’s clients to bring him to justice before he can destroy any
>>> more families. Stars Natalie Polisson [Jessica], Daniel O'Reilly [Dr.
>>> Bellamy], Jason Tobias [Dylan] and Kelsey Fordham [other client].
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31187510/
>>>
>>> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-child-has-my-doctors-face
>>
>> I've decided to skip this - I think I'd rather watch "Night Swim" off
>> Peacock (in Glorious 4k!?!) tonight.
>>
>> But a Lifetime flick not starring anyone I care about (or have ever
>> heard of!) counts heavily against subject matter that I also am not
>> interested it! IOW: pass!
>>
>>> Falling in Love in Niagara       (movie)       (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>>
>>> After her fiancé leaves her before their wedding, Madeline goes to
>>> Niagara Falls to honeymoon without him. There, she reconnects with
>>> her adventurous side, learns to let go, and finds new love. Stars
>>> Jocelyn Hudon and Dan Jeannotte.
>>>
>>> https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/falling-in-love-in-niagara
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31727947/
>>
>> I like Hudon, but even the ads make this look dreadful. (IOW, there's
>> no way to make Niagara look "good"!!)
>>

>>>          Sunday, April 21
>>>

>>> Have You Seen My Son?      (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> When a mother convicted of a horrible crime is released from prison,
>>> she’s determined to find out where her child vanished to while she
>>> was away. But when her journey leads her down a winding path that
>>> puts her life in danger, she realizes that finding the truth might
>>> come at the cost of her freedom. Stars Sarah Smyth and Catherine
>>> Lough Haggquist.
>>>
>>> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/have-you-seen-my-son
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30833223/    [as "My Kidnapped Son"]
>>
>> Yeah, I will likely watch this.
>>
>>> What Would You Do?      (season 16 finale)       (10 pm, ABC)
>>
>> Not watch this dreadful show!!
>
> Have UPtv and Hallmark Mystery given up on Sunday nights?

UP is like Ion in that its (new) movie releases seem *very* seasonal -
IOW, they do ("new") movies around Christmas time, and almost no other
time throughout the year. (UP may do a few movies at other times, but
it's rare.)

> For that
> matter, has Hallmark Mystery had any premieres since the name change?

A few. But very few.

When Hallmark lost most of their headliners to GAFfe channel, it
obliterated their mystery movie series, and Hallmark Mystery mostly got
out of doing them as a result.

They tried to launch a "Aurora Teagarden" mystery "reboot" with Skyler
Samuels, and one or two other new "mystery" series, but I'm not sure any
of them got beyond *one* initial movie (which isn't much of a "series"!!)

> Their website says they have a premiere on Friday night:
>
> https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/curious-caterer-foiled-plans

OK, so that answers that - the new Nikki DeLoach mystery series got past
one movie.

But I don't think any other "new" mystery movie series have...