Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v03pi5$faqn$1@dont-email.me>

From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: anti-gravity?
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 19:31:17 -0000 (UTC)

Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 13:35:27 +0100, Martin Brown
> <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:

> that-physics-says-shouldnt-work-just-produced-enough-thrust-to-defeat-
> earths-gravity/>

> Vacuum to get rid of corona.
>
> Space (orbit really) so tiny forces can be detected and measured.
>
> A steady one G acceleration would be pretty impressive, and would
> settle the issue.
>

>> To avoid embarrassment when it doesn't actually work as claimed!
>>>
>>> There’s no gravity gravy train if it gets debunked on the first day.
>>> What’s the use of that?
>>

>> Surely it is yet another standard pump and dump models for dodgy fringe
>> science IPOs much like the LENR scams that have been around for decades.
>>
>> Some genuine engineers who didn't properly understand the physics of
>> gyroscopes have famously announced their anti gravity machines.
>>
>> Most notably one Eric Laithwaite who once gave the Royal Institution
>> Xmas Lectures in 1966 on magnetic levitation and linear motors before he
>> quite literally went off the rails in 1974.
>>
>> <https://www.rigb.org/explore-science/explore/blog/gyroscope-engineer-and-christmas-lectures>
>>
>> Great communicator with the public but not very good at physics.
>
> Yeah.  Investment not recommended.
>
> As for our asymmetrical capacitor fellow, there has to be some big
> errors in the derivation.  I watched part of his lecture, where he did
> note that this force endured even when the HV was turned off, and that
> it should therefore accelerate continuously.  Which it doesn't,
> despite his theory.  He knew that this was a problem, but figured that
> it was fixable.  Hmm.
>
> That fellow reminds me of the inventor I met, described in the SED
> thread "Non-Inertial Navigation Technology" (July 2020).  That company
> still exists, and he still toils away.  I don't know where the money
> comes from.
>
> Joe Gwinn

And then there was the Dean drive, which worked by rattling a mass back and
forth inside a vehicle.

The tabletop demo went perfectly. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs  Principal Consultant  ElectroOptical Innovations LLC /
Hobbs ElectroOptics  Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics