Article <v03r9j$32u$3@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v03r9j$32u$3@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: I never thought of this scenario
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 15:00:51 -0500

On 4/21/24 01:52, Marc Haber wrote:
> I was not sure how sparse the option number allocation is and too lazy
> to look it up.

There are a LOT of options specified.  I think something like 150
commonly known.  Though few of them are used.

You can even use DHCP as a quasi routing protocol in and of itself in
that it can provide routes (destination prefixes and gateways thereto)
via DHCP.  I've done this and it works well.  It's just not nearly as
dynamic as most dynamic routing protocols in that it only changes at
lease / renew time which could be hours / days.  Conversely most dynamic
routing protocols update at least every few minutes.

--
Grant. . . .