Article <v05b0k$sivu$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v05b0k$sivu$1@dont-email.me>

From: Mikko <mikko.levanto@iki.fi>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: Undecidability based on epistemological antinomies V2 --Tarski Proof--
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:35:16 +0300

On 2024-04-21 14:44:37 +0000, olcott said:

> On 4/21/2024 2:57 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> I only used three-valued logic as a teaching device. Whenever an
>>> expression of language has the value of {Nonsense} then it is
>>> rejected and not allowed to be used in any logical operations. It
>>> is basically invalid input.
>>
>> You cannot teach because you lack necessary skills. Therefore you
>> don't need any teaching device.
>>

> That is too close to ad homimen.
> If you think my reasoning is incorrect then point to the error
> in my reasoning. Saying that in your opinion I am a bad teacher
> is too close to ad hominem because it refers to your opinion of
> me and utterly bypasses any of my reasoning.

No, it isn't. You introduced youtself as a topic of discussion so
you are a legitimate topic of discussion.

I didn't claim that there be any reasoning, incorrect or otherwise.

>> As you make the syntax of your language dependent on semantics
>> you lose one of the greatest advantage of formal languages:
>> the simplicity of determination whether a string is a well formed
>> formula.
>>

> Not at all. By combining them together we can simultaneously determine
> syntactic and semantic correctness. By keeping them separate we have
> misconstrued expressions that are not even propositions as propositions
> that prove incompleteness and undecidability.

You have not shown that you can determine either semantic or syntactic
correctness.

> A proposition is a central concept in the philosophy of language,
> semantics, logic, and related fields, often characterized as the primary
> bearer of truth or falsity. Propositions are also often characterized as
> being the kind of thing that declarative sentences denote.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposition

Therefore it were easier if you could easily check whether a particular
string is a proposition or a sequence or propositions.

--
Mikko