Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v05dnl$t66m$1@dont-email.me>

From: Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: From the Archives .....
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:21:42 +1000

The True Doctor wrote on 21/4/24 11:11 am:
> On 19/04/2024 22:39, Blueshirt wrote:

<Snip>

>> Fan fic as a term doesn't automatically make something bad or
>> wrong. I've read some good fan fic over the years. I'd also
>> consider most of what Big Finish produce as fan fic, just licensed
>> by the BBC and released on audio... and a lot of it is very good.
>>
>> Being fair I suppose that's what any Doctor Who is really when it
>> all boils down to it if a fan of the show is the Executive
>> Producer... it's their ideas and their vision of the show. Just
>> like it would be yours or mine if we were writing our ideas down on
>> paper. The only difference is, they are paid by the BBC which makes
>> their ideas legitimately part of the show.
>
> It's fan fic if it's written in order to entertain fans instead of
> the general audience

Is there really any such thing as 'the general audience"??

Sure, anybody could watch a program once or twice, three times even, but
if they keep coming back again and again and again and again, aren't
they, then, really, FANS??

> or just one group of fans or one fan or fake fan alone as in the case
> of Chibnall who utterly despised the show

"utterly despised the show"?? REALLY?? If someone 'utterly despised a
show', couldn't they just STOP watching it?? Or are they strapped into a
chair with toothpicks keeping their eyes open??
--
Daniel