Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v05gb3$torv$1@dont-email.me>

From: Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: From the Archives .....
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 21:06:12 +1000

Blueshirt wrote on 22/4/24 5:34 am:
> The True Doctor wrote:
>> On 20/04/2024 22:05, Blueshirt wrote:
>>>
>>> Robert Holmes re-wrote the script as you well know and it was
>>> the intent of the Production team of that story that those
>>> were the faces of the Doctor. When you watched "The Brain of
>>> Morbius" as a child, that was the intent behind that scene.
>>
>> Nope. When I watched the story as a child the faces were
>> presumed to be those of Morbius as he was winning.
>
> You were very clever then wasn't you, as that's not what the
> intention behind that scene was, as you know. However, as I said
> to Dave, people are free to take whatever interpretation they
> want to from that scene, it doesn't change what the original
> intent was. If people had read the Target novel first, before
> watching the story on VHS or DVD (etc.), the idea that those
> faces were pre-Hartnell Doctors would be a strange proposition
> indeed. So I can accept that point of view.
>
> But trying to say that the producer of "The Brain of Morbius"
> didn't intend for them to be the faces of 'The Doctor' when
> those episodes were filmed is historical revisionism.

Did I read someone here or was it in the UseNet Archives??....

Did someone post that in 'The Brain of Morbius' there are actually TWO
SCREENS and The Doctor is viewing one of these screens, seeing all those
faces flash past.

So, I presume, Morbius could be watching the other screen, also seeing
faces flash past.

So couldn't each of them be seeing their own previous incarnations flash
past .... which then brings up the question of all those other, extra,
faces ... that, to the best of the TV Viewer knowledge AT THAT TIME
hadn't been worn by The Doctor .... but the TV Viewer NOW knows could
have been previous Doctor Who incarnations.

>>> [ Snip]
>>>
>>> The [second Doctor] line about a previous "renewal" was cut
>>> from the draft script following a discussion among the
>>> production team.
>>
>> So they realized it would contradict what Hartnell said in The
>> Tenth Planet.

Not if the Second Doctor mentioned only one previous incarnation!

--
Daniel