Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v05juj$uhqg$1@dont-email.me>

From: Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: anti-gravity?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 13:07:45 +0100

On 21/04/2024 16:20, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 13:35:27 +0100, Martin Brown
> <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:

> that-physics-says-shouldnt-work-just-produced-enough-thrust-to-defeat-
> earths-gravity/>

> Vacuum to get rid of corona.

There are space vehicle qualifying hard vacuum facilities on the ground.
If this thing can generate 1g it could levitate inside there.

> Space (orbit really) so tiny forces can be detected and measured.

The guy claims 1g acceleration. 1g of continuous acceleration is enough
to reach the centre of our galaxy in about 20 years if memory serves.

> A steady one G acceleration would be pretty impressive, and would
> settle the issue.

I might believe 1 G (as in the gravitational constant ie thermal noise)
but not 1g acceleration due to gravity at the Earth's surface.
> That fellow reminds me of the inventor I met, described in the SED
> thread "Non-Inertial Navigation Technology" (July 2020).  That company
> still exists, and he still toils away.  I don't know where the money
> comes from.

As always from gullible suckers with more money than sense. The most
successful recent high profile scam took in a lot of experienced
investors who should have known better or employed people who did.
Elizabeth Holmes at Theranos managed to almost pull it off too.

https://news.sky.com/story/elizabeth-holmes-former-chief-executive-of-blood-testing-startup-theranos-found-guilty-of-fraud-12508609

But if you want a real example of how to do it big time then the
vanishing OneCoin crypto queen has to be it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64407723
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/cryptoqueen-ruja-ignatova-fugitive-greenwood-b2414415.html

A successful $4bn scam is very impressive! FOMO drives these bubbles.

--
Martin Brown