Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v05ojl$vjk5$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 06:27:17 -0700

On 4/22/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

Fallout (Prime) - "The Ghouls" (ep. #1.4). No Maximus this episode - the
focus is on Lucy, and Norm.
    In the Wastelands, Lucy is still held captive by The Ghoul, who
continues to treat her badly. The Ghoul intends to sell Lucy to replace
his stash of... whatever chemical keeps him "alive". So he takes her to
some place in the L.A. area. Once traded, Lucy seems to be treated well
by a robot, who replaces a finger of hers that the Ghoul cut off. But it
turns out, she's there to have her organs harvested (why replace her
finger, then?!). Of course, Lucy manages to escape, which leads to the
destruction of the robot, and its two wasteoid human masters. Lucy takes
pity on The Ghoul (big mistake!) before leaving.
    Meanwhile, after one of the Raiders says something to Norm, he
becomes suspicious of what really happened in Vault 32. So he drags Chet
with him over to Vault 32 to investigate. There they determine that
something drove the denizens of Vault 32 mad (some experiment they were
doing?...), and they killed each other. And how did the Raiders get into
Vault 32? - They used Norm's and Lucy's mom's code, *from the outside*!
    Unfortunately, I'm thinking it unlikely that I will be able to get
to episode #5 on Monday...

golf - Well, this was a letdown. Not only did Scottie Scheffler's lead
expand on Day 4, but the end of the tournament was rained out, and
finishing the tournament was postponed until this morning... I just
checked, and Scheffler did indeed win it.  :/

soaps: DOOL - Fri's ep. Not much happened. Primarily, when Constantine
mentions that his card is missing, Chad suspects his son, Thomas, but
Thomas denies it. With Chad out of the room, Constantine confronts
Thomas directly, and gets his card back... Meanwhile, Rafe is his usual
buttinsky self, and confronts Everett about not signing the divorce
papers. Later, though, Stephanie somehow convinces Everett to sign... as
"Robert Stein"! (Has the Robert Stein personality now been unleashed on
the world now?!!)

Have You Seen My Son? (Lifetime) - This was an OK-to-decent thriller. A
woman - a con just paroled to a halfway house - has amnesia of the crime
she was convinced of: killing her infant son. (With no body?! Come on!!...)
    Anyway, with the help of her plucky parole con friend (Catherine
Lough Haggquist), the woman ducks her parole officer and the creepy
"counsellor" at the halfway house, and investigates what happened to her
son.
    Yeah, the answer is pretty much what you'd expect, but it takes her
quite a while to get there.
    I did like the complete scoundrel of parents/grandparents she goes
up against - frankly, she should have just wasted both of them!

What did you watch?