Article <v064rb$128fa$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v064rb$128fa$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for April 22-26, 2024
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 09:56:11 -0700

On 4/22/24 8:15 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

>          Previously released:
>

> Freud's Last Session     (movie)     (Netflix, April 20)
>
> On the brink of World War II, Sigmund Freud invites C.S. Lewis over for
> a charged conversation about love, family and the existence of God.
> Stars Anthony Hopkins, Matthew Goode, Liv Lisa Fries, Jodi Balfour,
> Jeremy Northam, and Orla Brady. 2023 film; 1hr 48m. Not available on the
> Basic with Ads subscription plan.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81725548
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20420628/   [rating 6.0]

Too bad this is Netflix, or I'd actually watch this.

> Black Sails      (all 4 seasons)        (Netflix, April 18)
>
> Follows Captain Flint and his pirates twenty years prior to Robert Louis
> Stevenson's classic novel "Treasure Island." Starz series that ran from
> 2014 through 2017; 38 one-hour episodes.

 >:/

Also still on Starz (app).

Looks like I missed my window on it...

> Rust Creek     (movie)       (Netflix, April 15)
>
> A wrong turn in the woods becomes a fight for her life when a
> career-seeking college student runs into two outlaw brothers looking to
> cook up trouble. Stars Hermione Corfield, Jay Paulson, and Sean O'Bryan.
> 2018 film; 1h 48m.

This movie has been to literally *every other streamer!*, including
Tubi. Hell, I bet it's even been to Netflix once before now!!

> Earthquake Underground     (movie)      (Tubi, April 18)
>
> After a massive earthquake submerges a hotel, a young architect must
> overcome all odds to save his pregnant girlfriend before the structure
> collapses. Stars Cayla Black, Houston Rhines, Angela Cole, Jenny Tran,
> and Matthew Gademske. 1 hr, 22 min.

Meh.
Maybe...

>          Monday, April 22
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part One      (movie;
> streaming premiere)      (3:01 am, Max)
>
> Animated film; 1h 33m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29195117/    [rating 6.3]

Well, here's something for Anim and co!!

>          Tuesday, April 23
>

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> Shogun        (limited series finale)         (10 pm, FX)

Cool. But still won't be getting to this for a while...

>          Wednesday, April 24
>

>      Streaming:
>

> LOL: Last One Laughing Germany      (season 5 premiere)         (12:01
> am, Prime Video)
>

> The Big Door Prize       (season 2 premiere)          (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> A small town is forever changed when a mysterious machine appears,
> promising to reveal everyone’s true potential. Soon residents start
> changing jobs, rethinking relationships, and questioning long-held
> beliefs ­all in pursuit of a better future. Ten episodes; the first three
> are released today, and the rest follow once weekly through June 12.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ye6vpH-z0
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14761860/      [rating 6.4]

Meh - needed a stronger cast than this.

> TMZ Presents: Famous & Naked       (reality)        (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> Celebrities are showing it all online and raking in fortunes. Join TMZ
> in examining Hollywood’s fascination with getting naked on the Internet.

It's good to see that Tubi is focusing on the important stuff!!  ;p

>          Thursday, April 25
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Velma        (season 2 premiere)         (3:01 am, Max)
>
> This raucous reimagining of the Scooby-Doo franchise unravels the
> mysterious origins of Mystery, Inc.--as seen through the eyes of the
> gang's beloved bespectacled detective Velma. Animated series.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUo0TUCgj9Y
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14153790/     [rating 1.6, based on 77K
> ratings--the lowest I've ever seen]

It is absolutely amazing that this was brought back...  :/

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> Fatal Fixer Upper     (movie)      (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Vivienne and Ryan Williams couldn’t be happier after buying their dream
> home from a mysterious man named Josh in a beautiful California suburb.
> Their newfound paradise soon turns into a living nightmare as Josh,
> still strangely attached to the house, suddenly appears after they move
> in to help fix up certain parts of the home. When his erratic behavior
> turns to obsession for Vivienne, the young couple soon find themselves
> caught up in a volatile confrontation that threatens to destroy
> everything they hold dear. Stars Jasmine Aivaliotis, Philip McElroy,
> Duke Van Patten, and Dorian Gregory.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/fatal-fixer-upper
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32065017/

Vivica and co. finally let cutie Jasmine Aivaliotis headline a movie!
So, yes!!

(Though, this being a Hybrid flick, I'm not expecting it to actually be,
you know, "*good*"!...  ;p  )

>          Friday, April 26
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Thank You, Goodnight: The Bon Jovi Story         [new; complete limited
> series]          (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Four episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx93Z6zBnGE
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31023148/

I didn't realize that they had died!!(?!)  :p