Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v070u2$186uo$2@dont-email.me>

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:55:33 -0700

On 4/22/2024 9:49 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>> On 4/22/2024 6:27 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>
>> Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Netflix disc rip)
>> "Sherman, a young boy, misuses a time machine made by his scientist
>> father Mr. Peabody and causes the world history to go haywire. It is now
>> up to Mr. Peabody to rescue his son and the world."  (IMDb)
>>

> But was it any good? The Piper Perabo Rocky and Bullwinkle film was such a
> disaster it cost me a lot of money.

Meh.  It wasn't horrible but it also wasn't great.  They tried real hard
and came sorta close to the snarkiness of the original but fell a little
short.  Honestly I can't remember why I had it in my Netflix queue in
the first place, but that's true of a number of titles I buzz-sawed my
way thru in the final months of Netflix DVD.

> [...]
>> appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man."
>>   (IMDb)
>>
>> Spider-Trivia!
>> Benedict Cumberbatch admitted to not reading the full script, wanting to
>> surprise himself with the final product.
>> J.K. Simmons had enjoyed playing J. Jonah Jameson in Sam Raimi's
>> Spider-Man Trilogy, and admitted to being heartbroken that he wouldn't
>> be able to revisit the character in a fourth movie. Naturally, when
>> Marvel approached him to reprise his role in Spider-Man: Far from Home
>> (2019)'s stinger and this film, he jumped at the chance. Simmons also
>> expressed excitement in adapting Jameson to the modern-day era,
>> describing him more as a media blowhard than a newspaper editor. To make
>> up for the fact that his character was now bald, Simmons insisted on
>> keeping Jameson's cigar and mustache for this film, due to wanting to
>> have some aspects from his portrayal in Sam Raimi's trilogy to carry
>> over in the MCU.
>> Tom Holland helped to save this movie from cancellation by forcing
>> renegotiations between Sony and Disney. Under the terms of the new deal,
>> not only does this movie still take place within the Marvel Cinematic
>> Universe (MCU), but Spider-Man can also appear in future MCU movies, as
>> well as Sony's own Spider-Man franchise.
>> According to Zendaya and Tom Holland, Willem Dafoe's portrayal of the
>> Green Goblin in this movie genuinely frightened everyone on-set, making
>> the characters' reactions to the Goblin's appearance in the actual film
>> all the more real.
>> Willem Dafoe went to the premiere wearing a green face mask.  (There's
>> "method acting" and there's "METHOD acting".  :P )
>> According to VFX Supervisor Kelly Port, there are only 80 shots that
>> don't have any visual effects in the entire film.  (Is this where
>> someone compares Spider-Man to Jackie Chan?  :P )
>
> Theme music up!
>
> Jackie Chan
> Jackie Chan
> Does whatever a Jackie can
> Spins a web.
> Any size
> Catches thieves
> Eat those guys
> Hey wait!
> Don’t do that Jackie Chan.
>

>> One of the film's working titles was "Serenity Now".
>> Immediately after filming his scenes for this film in Atlanta, Benedict
>> Cumberbatch returned to London to make Doctor Strange in the Multiverse
>> of Madness (2022).  (Which I also have on my DVR.)
>> Some people wondered if the film would be shown in China. It was stated
>> that in order for the film to be released in China, the scenes
>> concerning Dr. Strange and magic had to be removed. Furthermore, China
>> supposedly wanted the latter half of the film to take place solely on
>> the Statue of Liberty.
>
> Because that’s a completely reasonable request
>
>> Sony refused, hence, the film was banned in the

dirty old man.