Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v078d7$1ddgt$1@dont-email.me>

From: Idlehands <hidefromu@hushmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Today's re-post from the archives
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 21:03:00 -0600

On 2024-04-22 8:12 a.m., Daniel70 wrote:
> Idlehands wrote on 22/4/24 10:50 pm:
>> On 2024-04-22 5:29 a.m., Daniel70 wrote:
>>> The Doctor wrote on 21/4/24 10:42 pm:
>>
>> <CHOP>

>>> No, thanks, but YOU, asswipe, supposedly have 50 years of UseNet
>>> archives on YOUR server, asswipe, so why don't YOU, asswipe, look up
>>> the followups, asswipe??
>>
>> Since Usenet was invented in 1979 this would make it impossible to
>> have 50 years of archives.
>
> Didn't UseNet develop out of (What was it called) DARPANet or some such
> .... a Military network the had spread to some University-type
> Institutions??
>
>> 1979 began with two people figuring out how to exchange messages and
>> files between computers would mean the archives from then would be
>> very small and boring.
>>
>> The asswipe is full of shit but that is common knowledge anyway.
>
> It certainly is common knowledge!!

Usenet was conceived in 1979 and publicly established in 1980, at the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University,[8][2]
over a decade before the World Wide Web went online (and thus before the
general public received access to the Internet), making it one of the
oldest computer network communications systems still in widespread use.

It was originally built on the "poor man's ARPANET", employing UUCP as
its transport protocol to offer mail and file transfers, as well as
announcements through the newly developed news software such as A News.
The name "Usenet" emphasizes its creators' hope that the USENIX
organization would take an active role in its operation.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

--
Facisim:  The first step is to fascinate fools and muzzle the intelligent

Bertrand Russell