Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0881g$1ju4d$2@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: From the Archives .....
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:02:55 +0100

On 22/04/2024 11:40, Daniel70 wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote on 21/4/24 10:45 am:

>>> You can take from that scene whatever you like... it doesn't
>>> change the way the scene was conceived. There is no Doctor Who
>>> bible so whatever works for you and your enjoyment of the show
>>> is fine. We are all free to make our own head-canon.
>>
>> What there is are established facts. No regenerations existed before
>> Hartnell as stated by Hartnell in The Tenth Planet and the 1st Doctor
>> in The Five Doctors.
>
> Hey, Aggy, in "An Unearthly Child" or any of the other William Hartnell
> Episodes, did DoctorBill state that he was the First Incarnation of The
> Doctor or that he could, in fact, regenerate (pick a number, any number)
> of times at all?? Did he mention that ability at any time during his
> reign??

It was implied from the very beginning that the character Hartnell
played was like any other human, other than the fact that he was a
fugitive from another world, as was his biological grand daughter Susan.

> Or was this "ability" ONLY mentioned AFTER Bill Hartnell had left??

His possession of ability to perform bodily renewal is stated by
Hartnell in at the end of The Tenth Planet, as is the fact that he did
not know if it would work since he'd never had to perform it before,
just before he is shown to rejuvenate himself. Troughton was intended to
be a de-aged version of Hartnell.

When Troughton is interrogated by the Time Lords at the end of The War
Games no past forms of the Doctor are shown except those of Troughton
and Hartnell. In The Three Doctors it is also demonstrated that there
are were only ever 3 incarnations of the Doctor at this time, and
Hartnell was the earliest. Same goes for The Five Doctors. Same goes for
the Doctor's memories in The Family of Blood. Same goes for The Eleventh
Hour. Same goes for Listen. Same goes for Twice Upon A Time.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner