Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v094k0$1q901$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: recent  L & O episode "Inconvenient Truth" 4/18/2024 MAJOR SPOILER
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 20:10:40 -0000 (UTC)

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On Apr 23, 2024 at 9:53:50 AM PDT, Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>>We also saw Price using his personal cell phone at Rikers. Uh, basic
>>jail procedure requires the visitor to absolutely not, under any
>>circumstances, bring a cell phone into the jail. I'm sure he'd put it in
>>a locker before entering the part of the jail to get to the interview
>>room.

>I would always have to engage in a lot of grief and negotiations with the
>prison officials whenever I interviewed a threat case up at the state prison
>in Lancaster. Our policy is to always obtain a contemporaneous photo of the
>subject with the interview and around 2013 or so, they took back all our
>digital cameras and replaced them with iPhones. So the only camera I had to
>use was the one in my phone and the prison wouldn't let anyone bring phones
>into the facility.

That policy of your bosses is mind boggling, given that they knew about
jail and prison restrictions. Bring a film camera? Even if you lost it,
a prisoner cannot use that for outside communication (without creating
microdots or something).

>We developed a form that we would require the prison's shift commander to sign
>acknowledging that he was denying the request of the United Secret Service to
>photograph an individual who had made threats against the president of the
>United States. Nine times out of ten, the idea of putting his signature to
>that form, irrevocably tying him to whatever that inmate might possibly do in
>the future, was enough for him to grant exception to the prison's no-phone
>policy.

Hahahahahaha

>>. . .

>You forgot the part where the defense attorney basically argued that
>eyewitness testimony as a concept should be globally excluded from all
>criminal trials because some witnesses have been found unreliable in the
>past.

Didn't he argue that both in front of the judge and during cross for one
witness? Yet everything he introduced about the fights that the victim
had gotten into in prison came from witnesses.