Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v09a9e$1s15d$1@dont-email.me>

From: Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund <klauskvik@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: power supply idea
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 23:47:26 +0200

On 22-04-2024 20:09, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:38:19 -0000 (UTC), "Don" <g@crcomp.net> wrote:
>
>> John Larkin wrote:

>>> I invented a control algorithm. All the buck chips that I know of are
>>> all feedback driven, and will slam into either rail if the feedback
>>> divider is broken. Blow things up.
>>
>> An algorithm arguably eliminates a 555 triangle generator as a potential
>> spread spectrum source. LOL. So, what's hidden in plain sight behind all
>> of your left hand side, symbolic sleight of hand? In other words, how do
>> you implement your control algorithm?
>>
>> Danke,
>
> It's all in plain sight. Well, the guts of the PWM converter isn't,
> but that's pretty obvious.
>
> The PWM converter, and in fact everything, will be implemented in an
> FPGA, with an ADC to pick up the output voltage.
>
> May as well go pseudo-random on the spread spectrum part. Any audible
> side effects would be hiss, not whine.

I have done what you propose, but I did not add the spread-spectrum part.

If you add a current sense on the output, you can characterize the
non-linearity of the power stage, and do feedforward compensation. So
your response will be snappy. You still have the settle time of the LC
filter, that's harder to counteract with feedforward.