Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v09f4a$1t3tk$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: From the Archives .....
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 23:10:02 -0000 (UTC)

Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:
>
>> On 21/04/2024 19:59, Blueshirt wrote:
>>
>>> Doctor Who 'fresh' back then in the 1970's, with no
>>> repeat viewings, videos or internet.
>>> A ten year old child in front of the televison in
>>> 1976 isn't going to know or care about established
>>> "facts" that you maintain existed.
>>
>> A 6 year old child in front of the TV is going to figure out
>> from the start that the person whose face is on the screen is
>> the one who is winning. The Doctor lost and died. All the
>> faces after Tom Baker may as well have been those of Morbius
>> to the uninitiated.
>
> Says you, because you know the story. I'm not sure a six year
> old would actually care about whose faces they were, I was
> around ten at the time and I didn't!

I was fourteen and it was completely obvious on-screen and from the in-show
dialogue that the eleven faces shown going back in time were meant to be
earlier faces of the Doctor in order. And it still is when the scene is
rewatched.

>>> Or care that the producers of a TV show can change things to
>>> suit themselves if they want to, like our friend Mr Chibnall
>>> chose to do with Doctor Ruth!
>>
>> Stop insulting the intelligence of the audience. Even a 6 year
>> old child knows more about story writing and can write better
>> Doctor Who episodes than Chris Chibnall.
>
> Hmmm... I'm not sure that's actually correct.

I’m sure it’s not. Chris Chibnall was never the best writer for Who but
he’s far from the worst, and ridiculous hyperbole about 6 year old children
really doesn’t help the debate.

> But I say, right or wrong Chris Chibnall was the showrunner of
> Doctor Who so they were his calls to make. A female 13th Doctor
> and the Fugitive Doctor are part of the show.
>
> RTD is the Doctor Who showrunner now and what happens with the
> 15th Doctor (and his companions) are his calls to make. Just as
> bigeneration is part of the show now.
>
> We don't have to like it, but that's the way it is. Doctor Who
> evolves...
>
>> Doctor Who ended in 2017 since the character of the main
>> protagonist stopped being that of the Doctor.
>
> You missed out the word "for me"!
>
> As in... "Doctor Who ended for me in 2017 since the character of
> the main protagonist stopped being that of the Doctor."

Er … it should have been

“Doctor Who ended for me in 2017 since, in my opinion, the character of the
main protagonist stopped being one that I personally was prepared to
recognise as that of the Doctor."

Not that Aggie has ever been capable of distinguishing between his opinions
and facts - like many people with mental health issues, he thinks they are
one and the same thing.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor