Article <v0cihk$2pq1v$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0cihk$2pq1v$1@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Misplacing components
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 23:26:44 -0400

On 4/24/2024 5:47 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Wed Apr 24 15:39:37 2024 Frank Krygowski  wrote:
>> On 4/24/2024 12:40 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>>   Catfood bags? Really?
>>
>> Nope, that's not what I said, yet again. You do really have problems
>> with reading comprehension or memory - or probably both.
>>

> It is very noticeable that you do not seem to know what you said since you couldn't repeat it.

Wow! Have you really lost the ability to search a few posts back in a
thread?

Since you seem to have trouble with that, here's a copy of what I
originally said:

----------------------------

Tom, you've frequently talked about misplaced parts, tools, etc. Here's
a serious tip.

You have cats, right? Buy the cat litter that comes in big cardboard boxes.

When empty, cut the box down so it fits on a shelf. Label the box
"Shifters."  Label the next box "Derailleurs." Label a third box
"Brakes." Label a fourth box "Pedals." Do as many boxes as necessary.

Develop the habit of putting the components into the proper box, and
nowhere else. If necessary, label their details with tape.

Use the same philosophy for workshop tools. A place for everything, and
everything in its place.

If you want to use plastic bins, divided drawers or whatever, do so.
When we had a cat, we went through boxes of litter. I decided to put
those boxes to use.

But using _any_ marked containers will give better results than whatever
you're doing now - which seems to be tossing bike components into random
locations.

--
- Frank Krygowski