Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0ciia$2pp02$1@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: From the Archives .....
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 04:27:04 +0100

On 24/04/2024 22:41, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:
>
>> On 24/04/2024 00:44, The Last Doctor wrote:
>>>
>>> Hartnell says nothing about his ability to perform a
>>> renewal or whether he’d ever done it before.
>>
>> It's stated in the Novelization.
>
> Which was written years after the episodes were
> written/broadcast and with hindsight. (i.e. after "Time Lords"
> and "regeneration" had been added to Doctor Who lore.)

 From the start all the televised episodes established that William
Hartnell was the very first Doctor and there was never any suggestion
that there were any other incarnations before him, not even in The Brain
of Morbius. Hartnell is explicitly stated and shown as being the ORIGINAL.

>>> Here’s everything the Doctor says at the end of The Tenth
>>> Planet. He’s just been rescued from captivity in the
>>> Cyberman ship.
>>>
>>> DOCTOR: What did you say, my boy? It's all over. It's all
>>> over. That's what you said. No, but it isn't all over. It's
>>> far from being all over.  BEN: What are you taking about?
>>> DOCTOR: I must get back to the Tardis immediately!
>>> POLLY: All right, Doctor.
>>> DOCTOR: Yes, I must go now.
>>> BEN: Aren't we going to go back to say goodbye or anything?
>>> DOCTOR: No. No, I must go at once.
>>> BEN: Oh well, you better have this. We don't want you
>>> catching your death of cold.
>>> (Ben hands the Doctor his cloak.)
>>> DOCTOR: Ah, yes. Thank you. It's good. Keep warm.
>>> (The Doctor leaves.)
>>>
>>> Near the start of the episode he says everything else that
>>> is said about his bodily condition:
>>>
>>> POLLY: What's happened to you, Doctor?
>>> DOCTOR: Oh, I'm not sure, my dear. Comes from an outside
>>> influence. Unless this old body of mine is wearing a bit
>>> thin.  POLLY: What do you mean, wearing a bit thin?
>>> DOCTOR: Oh, don't worry child, don't worry, don't worry.
>>>
>>> No mention of renewal or how many times it’s happened. At
>>> all.
>>
>> It's in the Novelization of the story.
>
> Are you Jonathan Blum in disguise? IT WASN'T MENTIONED IN THE TV
> EPISODE! Any additional material in novelisation might become
> part of the Doctor Who expanded universe by being featured in a
> novel, but a book doesn't supersede what people saw on-screen.
> Not every person who watched Doctor Who read the Target books.
> Doctor Who is a TV show first and foremost.

What people saw on screen was Hartnell de-age and there was never any
suggestion that he had ever done it before. We are explicitly told this
by the first Doctor in Twice Upon A Time speaking to Capaldi.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner