Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0durq$337gj$1@dont-email.me>

From: sticks <wolverine01@charter.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Do they make 10 foot USB cords with arrows on the outside?
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 11:03:05 -0500

On 4/25/2024 10:32 AM, Joe Beanfish wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:24:39 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:
>
>> On 2024-04-24 15:56, Jan K. wrote:
>>> I bought a set of six 10-foot braided cords for both the iPhone and for the
>>> Android phone (lightning & usb-c) and they work great except when they're
>>> coiled up among stuff.
>>>
>>> Then I'm always pulling on the cord to find out which is the end that is
>>> USB-A and which is the lightning or USB-C end.
>>>
>>> Do they make 10-foot cords with little arrows braided into the jacket?
>>
>> Use a marker or electrical tape or something to colour code the ends of
>> the cables.
>
> I don't think the ends are the problem. As I read it, one is posed with
> the problem of having the middle of the cable at hand and neither end
> in sight. So which way to go on the cable to find the end you need? Therefore
> the labels need to be all along the length of the cable.

Honestly, I fail to see the issue and what would really be gained if
some kind of marking, other than the obvious size difference and
appearance of the plugs, would actually make.  If either end is plugged
in, and as you say "out of sight", you already know what the other end
is.  If they're both plugged in, knowing what they're plugged into gives
the same result.

If they're coiled or rolled up not plugged in, how hard is it to really
just bring the little bit of cable close enough you can figure it out.
Once you know, you then place each end in the appropriate device.  I
must be missing something, because I just don't see the problem.

--
Stand With Israel!