Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0eit3$37o3m$2@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: From the Archives .....
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 22:45:07 +0100

On 25/04/2024 15:01, Blueshirt wrote:
> The Last Doctor wrote:
>
>> The True Doctor wrote:
>>>
>>> Terrance Dicks wrote the original script and wrote the
>>> novelization.
>>
>> Terrance Dicks disowned the script - the story was saw was a
>> compete rewrite by Robert Holmes.
>
> The thing is, we can discuss the "Brain of Morbius" all day
> long, (all week long even) but the simple fact is, whether
> Agamemnon likes it or not, is that Chris Chibnall (wherever he
> got the idea from) liked the idea of pre-Hartnell incarnations

He got the idea from DC Comics in order to turn the Doctor into Doomsday.

> of the Doctor. And as Executive Producer of Doctor Who he
> decided to incorporate that idea in to his vision of the show in
> 2020. So whilst it's fun to debate the ins and outs of 1976, it
> doesn't change the lore of Doctor Who that we have now in 2024.

Doctor Who ended in 2017.

> Doctor Who history features a pre-First Doctor incarnation now,
> and right or wrong - or until it's rewritten by another Doctor
> Who showrunner at some stage in the future - that is the way it
> is.

There are no incarnations of the Doctor before Hartnell.

> Doctor Ruth/The Fugitive Doctor exists in episodes of Doctor Who
> as broadcast on BBC1 and has her own range of Big Finish audio
> adventures coming next year, licensed and approved by the BBC.

Big Finish is not canon and neither is Doctor Ruth, unless you mean the
psychologist.

> All of which is as official as you can get! So anyone trying to

Officially non-canon.

> claim that there are no pre-Hartnell incarnations are basically
> just wasting their time and/or smoking hopium.

The ones claiming incarnations before Hartnell are hallucinating and
smoking opium.

No one in their right mind could be stupid enough to believe a totally
insane conspiracy theory that completely erases the character of the
Doctor and replaces him with a monster based on Doomsday.

And now with the bigeneration bullshit attached to it it's become even
more incredulous, unbelievable, and unacceptable. Like there's billions
of copies of the Doctor running around because every Doctor, even the
Timeless Child monster if you're stupid enough to believe that
ridiculous garbage, regenerated into two copies, and each of these
copies bigenerated again, and then the copies of the copies of the
copies bigenerated until by the 64th bigeneration there's
18,446,744,073,709,551,616 Doctors, and 18,446,744,073,709,551,616
TARDISes.

Don't make me laugh!

Doctor Who ended in 2017.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner