Article <v0f9k1$2p08$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0f9k1$2p08$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: iPhone activation market share hits new low
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 04:12:50 -0000 (UTC)

Hank Rogers wrote on Thu, 25 Apr 2024 20:18:02 -0500 :

> You guys came to the right place.

I like your sense of humor which gets the key point across rather well.

The iPhone is the Koran of the cultists; it shall not be disparaged!

> This is where we squabble endlessly over tiny things, and defend our
> favorite chinese made telephone. It's OK to lie here, and you can present
> false data, and defend it to the death. Name calling is encouraged, and in
> general, anything nasty you can say about your adversary. Never admit that
> you are wrong or made a mistake. The other telephone cultists will see that
> as a sign of your weakness and inability to defend your chosen chinese
> telephone maker.

You brought up three characteristics of most of the posters of this group.

1. The cult will disagree with anything about the iPhone anyone says that
   the cult deems puts the iPhone in a negative light, no matter how true

2. The cult will defend Apple, as you said, "to the death", using any
   weapon possible, including outright lies or deeming the poster a troll
   and most often simply by calling the poster the nastiest names possible

3. The cult has no honor so there is no concept of admitting that Apple
   can ever do anything that isn't worthy of the cult's God-like awe of
   Chinese made parts with the utmost respect as if God had created them

The iPhone is the Koran of the cultists; death to those who disparage it!