Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0fm8o$3ieve$1@dont-email.me>

From: Kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: GPS Acciracu
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:48:26 +0200

On 4/26/2024 7:02 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
> My family can track each other via google maps.  Updates are sometimes
> infrequent and locations are frequently off by significant
> (quarter-mile, half-mile) amounts or moving hundreds of feet while
> asleep in a hotel.  Phones are Pixel 2 and daughter's almost-newest
> iPhone.  Freeways, big cities, places where there are lots of towers.
> Verizon and T-Mobile
>
> Is it the phones or google or something completely different?

I think that's a problem with Google Maps, I have noticed I am getting
rather inaccurate measurements when following my walks on Maps. It gets
a bit better if I actually use the application during the walk, but if I
don't it will just guesstimate my location and sometimes be hundreds of
meters off the target.

--
microblog:   https://dice.camp/@kyonshi
macroblog:   https://gmkeros.wordpress.com