Article <v0i2oh$6orp$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0i2oh$6orp$2@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: D simulated by H never halts no matter what H does V3
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 00:34:09 -0500
 <uvrbvs$2acf7$1@dont-email.me> <uvs70t$1h01f$1@i2pn2.org>
 <uvsgcl$2i80k$1@dont-email.me> <uvsj4v$1h01e$1@i2pn2.org>
 <uvubo2$34nh3$1@dont-email.me> <uvvsap$3i5q8$1@dont-email.me>
 <v00mf6$3nu0r$1@dont-email.me> <v02gu5$6quf$1@dont-email.me>
 <v038om$bitp$2@dont-email.me> <v05b0k$sivu$1@dont-email.me>
 <v05r5e$vvml$2@dont-email.me> <v05vl4$1165d$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0679k$12sq2$1@dont-email.me> <v07r2j$1h57l$1@dont-email.me>
 <v08gn4$1lpta$2@dont-email.me> <v0ag7u$27jkb$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0b8np$2d4ja$1@dont-email.me> <v0c317$2538n$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v0c7fn$2k0tc$1@dont-email.me> <v0d3h1$2t938$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0doho$31mkn$2@dont-email.me> <v0forg$3j1dk$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0ghhm$3oudg$2@dont-email.me> <v0gk5q$2a19r$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v0gmrt$3qd6i$1@dont-email.me> <v0hfab$3vjo8$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0hgn3$2a19s$7@i2pn2.org> <v0hl90$4ehj$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0hna7$2a19s$8@i2pn2.org> <v0hpt4$59oq$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0hsd2$2a19s$9@i2pn2.org>

On 4/26/2024 10:45 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> But that doesn't make H answer the question.
>>>
>>> I guess you don't understand what I am saying.
>>>
>>> You said "no matter what H does", but that is a MEANINGLESS
>>> statement, because H will do what H is programmed to do, so we don't
>>> need to look at other behavior, but just the behavior that H ac

>>> Yes, but that is just a lying RED HERRING, as the question isn't
>>> about what H's simulation of the input does, but what the program the
>>> input actually represents does when run.
>>>
>>> YOu are just effectively admitting that you are nothing but a stupid
>>> liar that doesn't know what he is talking about.

>>> Which, since this H DOES abort its simulation is trying to introduce
>>> a red herring.
>>>

>> D(D) simulated by H never halts
>> D(D) simulated by H never halts
>> D(D) simulated by H never halts
>> D(D) simulated by H never halts
>> D(D) simulated by H never halts
>
> STRAWMAN

A method that I used very effectively on another forum and made much
progress with is utterly insisting that we cannot move on to any
additional point until we have 100% complete mutual agreement on
the current point.

(1) If we (possibly falsely assume) that H(D,D) is supposed to report
on the behavior of D(D) simulated by H and

(2) we understand that D(D) simulated by H cannot possibly reach past
its own line 3 thus cannot reach its own final state at line 6 and halt

then (within this possibly false assumption) (1) and the understanding
of (2) it <is> correct for H to abort its simulation and report halting.