Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0itoa$ch93$1@dont-email.me>

From: Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: central limit theorem
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 14:14:50 +0100

On 26/04/2024 19:46, bitrex wrote:
> I have one of these inexpensive Ikea bookshelves for storing some of my
> electronics books:
>
> <https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/laiva-bookcase-black-brown-40178591/>
>
> I noticed the center shelf was starting to sag a few degrees. :( The
> assembly manual specifies a weight limit of 33 lbs evenly distributed
> which seemed like an oddly specific number. So I weighed the books on
> the shelves, which aren't particularly well organized other than to
> fully fill the available space widthwise on each shelf.

They look a bit weak and feeble to me.

My books are all in Billy bookcases from the same vendor and apart from
them changing the available veneers (discontinuing my favourite cherry)
have never given me any trouble. I overload some of them too!

You can turn the loose shelves over to even out the curve. Not so for
the fixed ones but they have additional support from the back board.

--
Martin Brown