Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0jqlf$ioht$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for April 20-27, 2024
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 14:28:15 -0700

On 4/27/24 1:55 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>      CBS news
>

> ‘NCIS: Hawai’i’ Star Vanessa Lachey “Gutted”, “Blindsided” By Series
> Cancellation; Cast & Creators React – Update  (April 27)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/ncis-hawaii-cast-reacts-cbs-cancellation-vanessa-lachey-ll-cool-j-1235897052/
>

> ‘NCIS: Hawai’i’ Canceled By CBS: Franchise’s First Female-Led Series
> Ending After 3 Seasons  (April 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/ncis-hawaii-canceled-cbs-no-season-4-1235896481/

Anim said: I beat Robin! I beat Robin!!  :)

(The competition continues!)

> ‘Tracker’ Casts Jensen Ackles In Justin Hartley Series ­ Airdate &
> Storyline Revealed With First-Look Photo ­ Update  (April 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/tracker-jensen-ackles-cast-justin-hartley-series-1235895583/
>

> Tracker: Manifest’s Melissa Roxburgh Cast as Colter’s Sister Dory (April
> 16)
>
> https://tvline.com/casting-news/tracker-season-1-cast-melissa-roxburgh-colter-shaw-sister-dory-1235200892/

[roll]

Well someone around here can tell me if anything comes of this...

> ‘The Equalizer’ Renewed For Season 5 By CBS, ‘NCIS: Hawai’i’ Still In
> Limbo  (April 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-equalizer-renewed-season-5-ncis-hawaii-cbs-1235893352/

Well, I guess Arthur will be happy.

> ‘FBI: International’ Casts Colin Donnell In Final 2 Episodes Of Season 3
> Following Luke Kleintank’s Exit  (April 24)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/fbi-international-colin-donnell-cast-luke-kleintank-exit-1235894184/

I didn't even know he was leaving.

But this is YA main cast member leaving either "International" and "Most
Wanted" - these two shows have had some of the highest turnover for
relative new series that I have ever seen! (And the L&O reboot is nearly
as bad!)

> ‘Blue Bloods’ Stars Donnie Wahlberg & Bridget Moynahan “Upset And Sad”
> That Series Is Ending: “We’ve Created Such A Family On Set”  (April 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/blue-bloods-donnie-wahlberg-bridget-moynahan-series-ending-1235893129/

Total puff piece.  [roll]

> ‘So Help Me Todd’ Creator & Cast React To Series Cancellation [updated]
> (April 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/so-help-me-todd-creator-reacts-cbs-cancellation-skylar-astin-1235890675/

This is the one show CBS almost certainly should have not cancelled...

>      CW news
>

> The CW Renewal Status Report: ‘All American,’ ‘Homecoming’ & ‘Walker’
> (April 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/cw-canceled-renewed-all-american-homecoming-walker-status-1235889923/

Yeah, that article just proves it's not a "network".

But, from that, I get that "All-American" will almost certainly end, the
spinoff will surely get cancelled, and the studio will almost certainly
scrub "Walker" (or move it elsewhere) because The CW has so
nickel-and-dimed them.

IOW, it is very likely the last of the "true" CW shows will be gone come
fall.

(And FUCK The CW for not working to renew "The Spencer Sisters"!...)

>      NBC news
>

> ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’ Moving To Peacock For Season 5  (April 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/law-order-organized-crime-renewed-season-5-peacock-move-1235894492/

It's such a weird move...

>      Cable channel news
>

> ‘Game Of Thrones’ Spinoff ‘10,000 Ships’ Revealed To Be About Queen
> Nymeria In A Moses-Inspired Story  (April 24)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/game-of-thrones-spinoff-10000-ships-queen-nymeria-moses-inspired-story-1235894250/
>
> RM: HBO passed on this.

Yep.

>      Streaming service news--Apple TV+
>

> Maria Bakalova & 3 Others Join Apple’s Action Adventure Pic ‘Mayday’
> (April 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/maria-bakalova-joins-mayday-movie-clark-johnson-more-also-set-1235895204/
>
> ["Details as to the film’s plot and their roles are under wraps"]

I hate it when they do this shit - How/Why are we supposed to care when
they won't even tell us what the show is about?!...

>      Streaming service news--Max
>

> Kevin Spacey Doc Series Picked Up By Max In U.S. As First Trailer
> Revealed  (April 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/channel-4-kevin-spacey-doc-max-trailer-1235896256/

:|

>      Streaming service news--Netflix
>

> ‘XO, Kitty’ Adds 3 To Season 2 Cast As Production Begins [Netflix]
> (April 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/xo-kitty-season-2-cast-1235895118/

 >:/

> Netflix Medical Drama ‘Pulse’ Adds Néstor Carbonell, Santiago Segura,
> Ash Santos, Jessica Rothe & Arturo Del Puerto  (April 24)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/netflix-pusle-nestor-carbonell-santiago-segura-ash-santos-jessica-rothe-arturo-del-puerto-1235893755/

Those are some good additions. But nobody gets The Netflix...

> ‘Baby Reindeer’ Star & Creator Richard Gadd Has Message For Viewers:
> “Please Don’t Speculate On Who Any Of The Real Life People Could Be”
> (April 24)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/baby-reindeer-richard-gadd-message-viewers-speculate-real-life-identities-1235894129/

Another Netflix series that I have absolutely no interest in...

> ‘Wednesday’ Season 2: Everything We Know About The Cast, Premiere Date &
> More  (April 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/feature/wednesday-season-2-everything-we-know-1235796717/

Again, remember: This show's first season was in *2022*, folks!

> ‘Atlas’ Trailer: Jennifer Lopez Is Humanity’s Only Hope In Brad Peyton’s
> Sci-Fi Action Film For Netflix  (April 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/video/atlas-trailer-jennifer-lopez-movie-netflix/

We are so f***ed!!