Article <v0jv6f$2djof$4@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0jv6f$2djof$4@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: D simulated by H never halts no matter what H does V3
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 18:45:35 -0400
 <v0c317$2538n$1@i2pn2.org> <v0c7fn$2k0tc$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0d3h1$2t938$1@dont-email.me> <v0doho$31mkn$2@dont-email.me>
 <v0forg$3j1dk$1@dont-email.me> <v0ghhm$3oudg$2@dont-email.me>
 <v0gk5q$2a19r$5@i2pn2.org> <v0gmrt$3qd6i$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0hfab$3vjo8$1@dont-email.me> <v0hgn3$2a19s$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v0hl90$4ehj$1@dont-email.me> <v0hna7$2a19s$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v0hpt4$59oq$1@dont-email.me> <v0hsd2$2a19s$9@i2pn2.org>
 <v0i2oh$6orp$2@dont-email.me> <v0iog7$2csj2$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v0j295$dmbi$1@dont-email.me> <v0jbgf$2djoe$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v0jdul$g54u$2@dont-email.me> <v0jf1q$2djof$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v0jffn$gimt$1@dont-email.me> <v0jgro$2djoe$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v0jhhl$h4i2$1@dont-email.me> <v0jihq$2djoe$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v0jkqe$hv4h$1@dont-email.me> <v0jqei$2djoe$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v0jr41$javt$1@dont-email.me> <v0jrm4$2djof$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v0jsm9$jn4r$1@dont-email.me> <v0jtkp$2djoe$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v0ju85$k214$1@dont-email.me>

On 4/27/24 6:29 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/27/2024 5:19 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> I am only talking about H and D. You always "read things in"
>>> to what I say that I never said.
>>
>> So, what are "H" and "D", are they "Programs" per the standard
>> definitions, or something else that you are stipulating?
>>

> They are 100% completely defined in the complete source-code
> that I just linked above.

So, if H is "defined" by its source code, then it can only do one thing,
and thus your criteria of talking about "whether it aborts its
simulation or not" is a MEANINGLESS Statement.

And, if it can only have ONE input, it isn't really a "Decider".

>> You don't seem to understand the problems with how you are treating
>> them, because you just fail to understand the meaning of the words.
>>

> No words to it 100% complete source code.

In other words, you are just admitting that your system is a TOY and
isn't actually solving a "Problem", at the "Problem statement" is asking
about trying to write a program H that has been specified to answer
about a specific input that is specified, based on a criteria that talks
about some other Hs that can't actually exist.

You REALLY don't understand what you are doing, do you.