Article <v0ls98$2g492$7@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0ls98$2g492$7@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Can D simulated by H terminate normally?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:08:08 -0400

On 4/28/24 11:33 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/28/2024 10:08 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> *We don't make this leap of logic. I never used the term decider*
>>> *We don't make this leap of logic. I never used the term decider*
>>> *We don't make this leap of logic. I never used the term decider*
>>> *We don't make this leap of logic. I never used the term decider*
>>

>> You admit that people see that as being a claim about the Halting
>> Problem, and thus the implied definitons of the terms apply.
>>

> The only way to get people to understand that I am correct
> and thus not always ignore my words and leap to the conclusion
> that I must be wrong is to insist that they review every single
> detail of all of my reasoning one tiny step at a time.

No, the way to get people to understand what you are saying is to use
the standard terminology, and start with what people will accept and
move to what is harder to understand.

People have no obligation to work in the direction you want them to.

Yes, when you speak non-sense, people will ignore you, because what you
speak is non-sense.

You are just proving that you don't understand how to perform logic, or
frame a persuasive arguement.

That fact that as far as we can tell, your "logic" is based on you
making up things and trying to form justifications for them, just makes
people unwilling to attempt to "accept" your wild ideas to see what
might make sense.

You claim you want to work in a manner to save time, but then seem to
explicitly go on a tack that will force you to waste time by needing to
return to your prior points when you change the definition and prove
them again.

Of course, the likely answer is that you DON'T plan to go back and
reshow those points, but just try to convince people that the change in
meaning between the two sides of the arguement doesn't matter.