Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0nsje$1mdns$1@dont-email.me>

From: Gary McGath <garym@mcgath.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Re: MT VOID, 04/26/24 -- Vol. 42, No. 43, Whole Number 2325
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 06:25:50 -0400

On 4/29/24 3:19 AM, Charles Packer wrote:
>> In 2012, after having been lost for over 500 years, the remains of King
>> Richard III were discovered beneath a car park in Leicester. The search
>> had been orchestrated by an amateur historian, Philippa Langley, whose
>> unrelenting research had been met with incomprehension by her friends
>> and family and with skepticism by experts and academics. THE LOST KING
>> is the life-affirming true story of a woman who refused to be ignored
>> and who took on the country's most eminent historians, forcing them to
>> think again about one of the most controversial kings in England's
>> history.
>
> But wait, there's more! Sunday's New York Times had an article about
> Langley and her forthcoming book questioning whether Richard III
> murdered his nephews.

Some people insist Richard III should be played only by hunchbacks.
However, the discovery of the skeleton showed that any slight deformity
he had could have easily been disguised with clothing.

Shakespeare went with the political winds, providing a very negative
image of Richard III and a flattering one of Henry VIII.

--
Gary McGath    http://www.mcgath.com